Saturday 17 March 2012

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

This is possibly the most hyped high street product of the past year so when I bought this i was expecting great things! *here*

I have a real love hate relationship with this product. Althought saying that, you can see how much I've used, I use it about half the time and I love having a lined eye as I think it looks super pretty. 

So why do I have such an odd relationship with this?
I feel like this product can't make up it's mind on whether to be good or not. Some days it will slip right of, be smudgy and I will be really annoyed. Whereas other days it stays on completely perfectly and looks amazing! I feel like whenever I tell someone it's great, it starts being bad, and whenever I tell someone it's bad it starts being great!
I've figured out where I've been going wrong though, basically applying this to naked eyelids is a bad idea! It just slips off. I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, so when I wear this I first set the eyelid with a translucent powder. 
I've got applying this down to a fine art, I find it so easy to do now and I was a train wreck when I first started! I've used endless amounts of brushes to apply this and the one I use depends purely on what's close and what mood I'm in. I don't have the brush that comes with it as they had all been nicked out the packet! So I managed to get a discount and got 10% off so it was £5.40. Oh, whilst I remember I'd recomend buying this from Asda instead of boots as it's on £6!

Is this a good eyeliner? When applied properly there's no doubt that it is a good eyeliner, it can last all day and is pretty dark too.
Is it worth the hype? In my opinion that's a no. I'm constructing a birthday list at the moment and I'm thinking of investing in a Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner!
Okay, so I have no idea why as I'm almost certian this isn't disconinued but I can't find a link online to this, sorry guys!
Would anyone like a tutorial on how I apply this? Had anybody tried a Bobbi Brown eyeliner? Let me know!
This is all, 
Gemmm xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment! I read and reply to every single one!